Answer To Us Pledge
As a member of the United States Congress I pledge to:
- Seek to pass laws that will return the United States of America to financial strength. This will require tough choices on major programs that must be explained to all Americans, not financial sleight of hands that will pass on debt to future generations.
- Make the business of the United States Congress the business of the American People. I will stop spending the valuable time of my office playing politics against the other party. Hypocrisy will not be tolerated.
- Recognize that laws that do not encourage personal responsibility for all Americans are laws that encourage dependence on others. I understand that the best I can do for all Americans is to keep government from putting obstacles in the way of their path to success.
- Understand that I represent and Answer To my Constituents. I will undertake my duties with honor and dignity. I will speak on the issues honestly and respect my constituent’s right to know what I am doing in their name.
- Not vote on legislation that I have not read and do not understand. I will encourage legislators to use language that is straight forward and can be understood by a majority of my constituents.